Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Allergic to Spring: Support Group


Oh, Spring. A time for blooming flowers, warmer weather, and POLLEN.

As an allergy sufferer, I despise Spring. If it weren't for dry red eyes, a runny nose, constant sneezing, and an itchy throat, I'd probably fall in love with the season of change. But due to a never ending need to chug tea, pop Zyrtec, and OD on Halls, I can't say Spring's three months of torture are my favorite.

I realize that I am not alone in my suffering. While many are mesmerized by Spring's beauty, others are not as blinded by the deceptive little season. Surviving through the physical ailments that Spring brings, is a difficult feat not easily accomplished by oneself. Which is why I propose that a support group be started for those who hate Spring, and wish that Summer would follow immediately behind Winter. Seriously.

Lesson Learned: Transitional periods are so overrated. People would fair just fine if 95 degree temperature came directly after a snowstorm.

1 comment:

  1. Awww.... I am so sorry. I can totally understand as I am allergic to certain things in the spring time as well :)

    -Marta

    ReplyDelete